Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Who needs TV or Marvel?

So last week I discovered some really cool websites that I had no idea existed. However two really caught my attention and time, hulu and pixton. I had heard of hulu, but never visited the website, and WOW! was it awesome. It had every TV series for free...in HD quality. As an avid office fan, I was excited since I miss the new episodes on Thursdays due to Hopkins classes. Thanks to hulu though, that's okay, who says you need TIVO? If you haven't discovered hulu please go now, it is amazing.
The other great website I learned about was Pixton. Through Pixton one can basically become Marvel comics because you get to create your own comic, it's great. Not only do I find it fun, but useful for my classroom. As a Spanish teacher, I am able to create Spanish dialogues between characters I create, and have my students answer questions about it. Before Pixton I would only write the dialogues, now I can give my students a visual representation of them. I'm thinking about making this into some type of project for my Spanish 2 class next semester. I had planned to have them write an autobiography, but that might change into a comic instead.
In the end, if you're oblivious to Hulu or Pixton please google them now and get ready to get blown away.

1 comment:

  1. HULU definitely is a great discovery I just recently made as well. Have you found any use for it in your Spanish classroom? I would recommend showing Spanish cartoons and soap operas. It's great exposure to authentic conversations and media. The kids love it, and they forget they actually learning. They think it's TV in the classroom :)

    ReplyDelete