Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Experience on twitter so far for a newbie

When I first heard of twitter, I was disappointed in society.  I thought, "nothing is personal anymore, everyone wants to know what each other is doing 24/7".  Not only this, but I had no idea how anyone had time for this, a status update for everything, I have a life to live.  In reality there are many people who do use twitter in this way, however there is another use of twitter, a more professional one.  I realized thanks to my Paperless Classroom class at Johns Hopkins, that twitter is a resource if used in that way.  Thanks to twitter I am able to connect to thousands of educators, and share ideas.  Even though I find myself very busy most of the time, and can't find the time to twitter, I do know that I have a 24/7 resource there when I need it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment