Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My reply to a post on weblogg-ed

So a week ago I replied to a post on weblogg-ed.com, here's the link, http://weblogg-ed.com/2009/raising-the-profession/#comments.    Check it out, and tell me what you think.  *This was my comment on it


I totally agree with you, as a teacher myself in inner-city Baltimore, I’m always asked the same questions, so why do you do it? You can be making so much more money for the hours you put in? It’s quite sad that our society here in the states sees educators the way it does. In countries such as Finland and Sweden, public education is phenomenal. This is because teachers are respected as if they were doctors or lawyers, thus creating a system where some of the smartest people out there want to get into this profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment