Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughts on a lesson from google apps for education

I just recently learned about google apps for education, an amazing tool which allows you to incorporate technology into your classroom.  It's definitely the kind of tool that makes you realize how google is taking over the world.  Anyways here's the link to the lesson,http://miramonte.acalanes.k12.ca.us/bbcswebdav/institution/MHSwebsite/sojourn07/Journey/Welcome.html

I thought the lesson was breathtaking, it used technology to bring the past to life.  Through google earth it was able to capture the images of the civil right locations the students were studying.  Students were even able to communicate through blogging.  It is a great example of what should be going on in classrooms all over our country, however the reality of the situation is a lack of resources.  My students would love to use technology in this way, but not all of them have easy access to computers, and I don't have a classroom set of computers.  While I agree with the increase of technology in the classroom, I also recognize the obstacles faced by many inner-city public schools and its students.  Most of my students only have access to computers in school therefore sending them home with assignment that require blogging can be a problem.  This year I have incorporated more technology into my classroom, but my hope is to reach a level that parallels this lesson plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment