Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Experiences with Second LIfe

So recently I have been exploring the on-line community that goes by second life, and wow am I blown away. I think it's really cool that such an on-line community exists in which anyone in this world can join. It is kind of weird that one can go to Tokyo and chat with random people, but that simple idea is really mind blowing. However, even though I think it's a great program, I really don't prioritize it as something in my life. As a teacher in the inner-city I'm just trying to be the best teacher that I can for my kids, and when I do have time off from teaching and grad school, I want to rest. And to be completely honest, even if I had more time on my hands, I still wouldn't be on second life much. Even though I think it's a great concept and program, it is not the type of thing I would spend my time on. It serves as a great resource, but it definitely is not a hobby for me.

3 comments:

  1. SL is what you make it: resource, hobby, place to meet a class online, or a thing to project and take a live f2f class on a tour of a faraway place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar experience with second life. I agree that it could be useful and interesting if I had more time on my hands. However, life is what it is and this isn't something I can see filling my "mental break time" with. Definitely a great resource- do you remember what the school age appropriate version was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth be told...I can only see myself using it for anything other than meeting, education. or work related stuff. I have like noooo time on my hands to even use it for that.

    ReplyDelete