Friday, September 25, 2009

Avatars and Authenticity

After reading this article, I see dead people: Kurt Cobain and the Humanity of Avatars(http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-see-dead-people-kurt-cobain-and.html) I was taken back the popularity of Avatars and the issues it is causing when it comes to the duplication of some popular stars. I think Courtney Love is just out for the money because true fans of Kurt Cobain know that his image is not affected by his avatar singing Bon Jovi music. On the other hand I do understand that it can be disrespectful to some artists who have created an image that took years and hard work, and with some simple clicks their image can be ruined. The question is whether the artists' image is actually affected. I guess it depends on the artists and the act that may cause a change to the original image of that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment